- Customized operating frequency in the range 525 kHz to 1705 kHz.
- Bandwidth 20 kHz standard, up to 30 kHz with AM “HD” (IBOC) or DRM 30.
- Up to 100 kW standard, up to 2000 kW upon request.
- With AM positive peak modulation of 125% (standard) or higher upon request.
- Dual element, series fed in phase quadrature.
- Vertically polarized omnidirectional radiation pattern with equal power radiated in all azimuthal directions perpendicular to the antenna.
- § 73.186 ground wave field strength of 250-300 mV/m at 1 kilometer with 1 kilowatt of input power.
ANTENNA INPUT IMPEDANCE SPACE EFFICIENT ANTENNA SHOWN ON OPTIONAL PLATFORM
- 50 Ω standard, or customized upon request.
- VSWR less than or equal to 1.22:1 at 10 kHz bandwidth; with Hermitian Symmetry to work well with “HD” IBOC; less than 1.50:1 at 20 kHz bandwidth to work well with DRM30.
LW AND MW EQUIPMENT:
- Custom matched antenna tuning, power distribution, bandwidth compensation, and phasing units incorporated into the antenna system and supplied with the antenna.
- RF switches and control systems, upon request.
- RF feed lines, upon request.
Manufactured from high quality stainless steel the antenna will provide years of low maintenance operation. No other component in the transmitting system offers as many options for improving performance as the antenna system. In addition to discernable parameters such as operating frequency and transmitting power, there are additional factors including environmental and social-political conditions, climate, and site specific circumstances which must be taken into consideration for a well-designed antenna system. Our team includes experienced system integrators with the expertise and equipment to analyse a wide variety of requirements, providing the broadcaster with thoughtful transmission solutions.